- 2 cups dried cherries
- 2 cups quartered Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash about 1/2-inch in diameter)
- 15 sage leaves, chopped
- 7 oz extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 oz sherry vinegar
- 4 oz arugula, washed
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a small bowl, soak the cherries in 2 cups of hot water. When they are plump and soft, drain off the excess water.
2. Toss the Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and sage in 2 oz olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Transfer the coated vegetables to a baking sheet. Roast at 350ºF until golden brown and tender.
4. While the vegetables roast, make the Mushroom Vinaigrette. Sauté the mushrooms in 2 oz olive oil over high heat. When the mushrooms are golden brown and tender, stir in shallot and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for another 2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant. Shut off the heat, and add in dijon mustard, sherry vinegar, and 3 oz olive oil. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, mix cherries, roasted vegetables, Mushroom Vinaigrette, arugula, and quinoa together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm, not hot.
Kaya, 2000 Smallman St., Strip District. 412.261.6565. bigburrito.com/kaya.