- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- A pinch of oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cut acorn squash in half vertically, and remove the seeds. Drizzle olive oil over the flesh of both halves, then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Place squash, flesh-side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a pan, then stir in onions. Cook until translucent. Push the onions to one side of the pan, then add in the walnuts. Stir constantly for a few minutes until the walnuts are toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, onion-walnut mixture, dried cherries, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Once the squash is roasted, place each half on a plate. Scoop about ½ cup of the quinoa mixture into each half of the squash. Top with goat cheese, and serve warm.
Jacksons Restaurant + Bar, 1000 Corporate Drive, Canonsburg. 724.743.5005. experiencejacksons.com.