Mix up a mélange of greens with three, fresh salad recipes — highlighting baby Swiss chard, spinach, and romaine.
- Prepare tomato confit: Cut Roma tomatoes in half and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons salt, 1 tablespoon pepper, dried oregano, and a few drizzles of olive oil. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Place tomatoes skin side up on baking sheet and cover with 3 cups blended oil. Bake at 300oF for 35 minutes or until soft. Remove tomatoes from oil to cool. Remove the skin once cooled.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or nonstick paper. Layer prosciutto slices on sheet without overlapping. Place a second sheet of parchment or nonstick paper over the prosciutto. Place a baking sheet on top to secure the papers and prosciutto. Bake at 275oF for 40 minutes or until crisp.
- Prepare balsamic vinaigrette: Gently mix balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 tablespoon pepper, and garlic. Slowly add extra-virgin olive oil and 1 cup blended oil, whisking generously.
- Toss torn baby romaine, baby spinach, baby Swiss chard, slices of mozzarella, tomato confit, crisped prosciutto, chicken, and balsamic vinaigrette.
Recipe by Joe Belardi, Chef di Cucina at Osteria 100.
Photography by Cayla Zahoran | Styling by Allie Wist