- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled and divided
- 4 tablespoons very cold water
- 5 cups diced butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 5 cups kale, chopped and stems removed
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 5 oz cider vinegar
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 medium-sized egg
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Pulse flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, and butter in a food processor until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Add in 1 cup cooked quinoa and water. Pulse until dough forms into a ball. Chill the dough for 2 hours.
2. While the dough chills, toss butternut squash in olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the butternut squash to a baking sheet,
and roast at 375ºF until tender. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large skillet, sauté kale in a drizzle of olive oil until soft. Stir in dried cherries, vinegar, and 6 tablespoons sugar. Cook for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. In a separate bowl, mix ricotta and egg with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Roll the dough onto a piece of parchment paper, forming a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a foil-lined tray. Spread the ricotta mixture on the dough, leaving a 2 inch crust around the outer edge.
6. Mix the kale, butternut squash, and 2 cups of quinoa in a bowl. Spread the mixture on top of the ricotta.
7. Fold the dough around the mixture, using the foil as an extra support system around the outside.
8. Bake at 375ºF for 35-45 minutes, and serve slightly warmed.
JPC Event Group, 700 River Ave., Suite 317, North Shore. 724.654.6851. jpceventgroup.com.