Supercharge your next meal with kale, chia seeds, and apples.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 oz apple juice
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1/2 apple (Ward recommends Pink Lady apples for their sweetness)
- 2 inches banana (avocado can be used to accommodate allergies)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 2-3 drops dōTERRA Lemon Essential Oil (optional)
- 2 cups fresh, washed kale
- Soak chia seeds in water for 5 minutes to reach a gelatin consistency.
- Blend 2 oz apple juice, lemon wedges (peel included), apple, and soaked chia seeds until well-mixed. Chef’s note: Use a high-end blender (such as Blendtec or Vitamix) or a food processor to ensure a smoother end product. Once puréed, add to any standard blender and proceed with the recipe.
- Add in 8 oz apple juice, banana (or avocado), crushed ice, and Lemon Essential Oil (if using). Place the kale on top. Chef’s note: At Simpatico, the apple juice is replaced with 4 oz Dr. Smoothie’s Apple Orchard. Purchase the smoothie mix online or at Simpatico!
- Blend until smooth.
Simpatico, 425 Sixth Ave., Downtown. 412.287.7598.