- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup, plus 2/3 cup sugar
- zest from two lemons, divided
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups softened goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- pomegranate balsamic glaze, to taste
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Fresh basil, sliced, to taste
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the inside of a 10-inch cake pan. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, ¾ cup sugar, zest of 1 lemon, and melted butter in a large bowl until the butter is well-incorporated.
- 2. Pour the crust mixture into the pan. Press gently across the bottom of the pan into a flat, even layer. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, goat cheese, and ⅔ cup sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl. Add sour cream and mix until well-combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Add vanilla extract and zest of 1 lemon, and beat well.
- 4. Pour the mixture into the pan. Place the filled pan onto a large baking sheet, then pour hot water into the bottom of the baking sheet.
- 5. Bake for 55 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let cool completely in the pan.
- 6. Remove from the pan, and place the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 7. Top with strawberries, pomegranate balsamic glaze, balsamic vinegar, and basil before serving.
Ditka’s Wexford, 12980 Perry Hwy., Wexford. 724.934.3660. ditkasrestaurants.com.