- 2 medium gold beets, peeled and shredded
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, thinly sliced
- 28 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag pomegranate seeds, thawed
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Put shredded beets into a smaller bowl with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix and set aside.
- 2. Place the thinly sliced kale into a large bowl. Add chickpeas, lemon-soaked beets, pomegranate seeds, and toasted almonds. Set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and sea salt. Pour the dressing over the salad, and mix well.
East End Food Co-op, 7516 Meade St., East End. 412.242.3598. eastendfood.coop.