- 1 cup dried mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet Italian sausages
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 thinly sliced shallots
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 whipping cream
- 1. Soak dried mushrooms in 1 cup hot water. Allow to steep.
- 2. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add sausage and lightly brown. Stir in sliced mushrooms and shallots. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 3. Add tomato paste, and cook until the mushrooms are caramelized. Stir in the morel mushrooms and mushroom water, then reduce. Add butter and parsley, then set aside.
- 4. For the Creamy Mozzarella Polenta, bring chicken stock to a boil in large saucepan. Whisk in cornmeal, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer until polenta thickens, whisking often, about 15 minutes.
- 5. Add in mozzarella, Parmesan, and whipping cream. Whisk until the cheeses melt. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 6. To serve, pour the Mushroom Sausage Ragu over the Creamy Mozzarella Polenta.
Girasole, 733 Copeland St., Shadyside. 412.682.2130. 733copeland.com.