- 1. Freeze the goat cheese for a few minutes to help it hold its shape. Slice the log into 12 rounds. Refreeze the rounds until hard.
- 2. Dip each round into flour, then egg, then panko. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine strawberries and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until thick and syrupy. Set aside until it reaches room temperature. (Chef’s Note: Steps 1-3 can be done ahead of time, and the components can be refrigerated until you’re ready to plate!)
- 4. Heat ½ inch of oil in a sauté pan to 350°F. Fry the goat cheese for two minutes, flip, then fry for 1 more minute. Remove the cheese from the oil, and let it drain on a paper towel.
- 5. Fry the basil leaves for 30 seconds on each side. Let them drain on a paper towel.
- 6. To assemble, place ½ cup of arugula on each plate. Top with goat cheese, then strawberry compote, then prosciutto.
- 7. Repeat the layer three more times per plate. Garnish with balsamic syrup and crispy basil leaves.
Altius, 1230 Grandview Ave., Mt. Washington. 412.904.4442. altiuspgh.com.