- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 pounds sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup Honteri Mirin sweet cooking seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Sushi ginger (gari)
- Carrots, shredded
- Cucumber, julienned
- Avocado, sliced
1. Cube the tuna into 1⁄2-inch pieces, and toss with lettuce.
2. To make a spicy ponzu dressing, mix the soy sauce, Honteri Mirin sweet cooking season, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and Sriracha.
3. Top with dressing and sushi ginger.
Chef’s note: “For extra crunch and color, add in raw vegetables, like carrots, cucumbers, and avocado!”
Recipe by Mike Lin, Sushi Chef at Sushi Fuku.
Sushi Fuku, 120 Oakland Ave., Oakland. 412.687.3858. sushifuku.com.