Try a trio of melon recipes! Juicy combinations of cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon are wonderful warm-weather dishes.
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1⁄4 honeydew
- 1⁄4 cantaloupe
- 1⁄4 watermelon
- 1 black radish, sliced thin
- Handful of Kalamata olives
- Red wine vinaigrette, to taste
- Peel the butter lettuce, and set aside.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out the honeydew, cantaloupe, and watermelon. Place the fruit on top of the lettuce.
- Add thin slices of black radish and Kalamata olives on top.
- Dress with a Dijon red wine vinaigrette of your choice. Chef Henry’s secret recipe is a mix of olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, red wine vinegar, chopped basil, salt, and pepper.
Recipe by Josiah Henry, Executive Chef at Vallozzi’s Pittsburgh.
Photography by Cayla Zahoran | Styling by Allie Wist