- 1 1/2 Tablespoons yeast
- 3 Cups warm water
- 6 1/2 Cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon cornmeal
- 1. Dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit for a few minutes.
- 2. Add flour and salt. Knead until smooth and elastic.
- 3. Cover and let rise for 3-5 hours.
- 4. Preheat oven to 475ºF. Shape dough into loaves on a cookie sheet dusted with cornmeal.
- 5. Cover and let proof for 40 minutes. Score your loaves and place the cookie sheet in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- 6. Let cool for as long as you can and enjoy!