- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved or quartered
- 1-1/2 cups peeled jicama, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 mango, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup, honey, corn syrup, or maple syrup
- Kosher salt
In a medium skillet, heat tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, and sauté onions for 2 minutes or until tender.
Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and add cumin. Cool mixture before adding to salad.
In a large bowl combine strawberries, jicama, mangoes, jalapeño, and chopped cilantro. Add cooled onion-garlic mixture and toss to combine.
In a jar, combine orange juice, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, and agave syrup. Drizzle over the salad mixture, toss, and chill for 1 hour.
Plate salad, sprinkle with kosher salt, and serve.
Related Recipes:: Editor's Kitchen: Flavor Fiesta
Recipe by Dorothy Tague, owner of Chop, Wok & Talk, 5404 Penn Ave., Bloomfield/Garfield. 412.362.0679.