Fresh and hearty are two words we’re loving right now. Make magic in your kitchen with comforting dishes using arugula, lemon, and garlic — a fantastic combination.
- Toss eggplant slices in balsamic vinaigrette until evenly coated. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Grill marinated eggplant slices on medium-high heat, or roast at 350ºF for 20-30 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Blend arugula, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, crumbled goat cheese, olive oil, and salt and pepper until smooth. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the tortillas in a panini press, tortilla press, or frying pan until pliable. Place them on a cutting board.
- Spread desired amount of pesto over each wrap. Layer eggplant slices on one edge of the wrap, about 2 inches in. Top with roasted red pepper, then a handful of mixed greens.
- Fold left and right sides to close the wrap over the ingredients. Roll from bottom, tucking in as tightly as possible. Slice in half before serving.
- Garnish with extra greens on the plate, if desired.
Recipe by Patricia Frank-Caputo, Executive Chef at Sunny Bridge Natural Foods Photograph by Michael Fornataro / Styling by Samantha Casale