Sample three meals with mushrooms, shallots, and parsley as the starring elements.
- Peel 1 garlic clove, and place in pan with 2 shallots, extra virgin olive oil, thyme, and salt and pepper mix. Simmer mixture at 225°F for 1-2 hours until soft.
- Let the oil cool in the refrigerator. Remove the confit shallots when the mixture starts to solidify. The remaining oil and garlic will be used for dressing.
- Sweat 1 shallot and 4 garlic cloves in a pot with a small amount of olive oil. Once tender, add celery root, water, and heavy cream. Simmer until soft.
- Purée mixture in a blender. Pass through a fine mesh strainer. Season with salt, pepper, and truffle oil to taste.
- Sauté crimini mushrooms in vegetable oil on high heat for 5 minutes. Finish with butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly toss shiitake mushrooms in extra virgin olive oil. Dry in oven at lowest temperature until crispy. Then, season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Whisk one-part confit oil (from step 2) and one part white wine vinegar in a mixing bowl. Lightly coat parsley in the dressing.
- Slice French baguette in half, and coat inside with celery root purée. Top with confit shallots and crimini mushrooms. Bake at 350°F for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with crispy shiitake mushrooms, parsley, and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Recipe by Matt Huggins, Executive Chef, Marty’s Market.
Photography by Cayla Zahoran | Styling by Allie Wist