- 2 pounds tomatillos
- 2-3 jalapeños, stems and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 avocados peels and pits removed
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1. Wash, peel, and roughly chop the tomatillos. Puree tomatillos, jalapeños, salt, cumin, lime juice, and avocados in a blender until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in cilantro.
3. Serve the salsa alongside grilled fish or chicken, atop a bowl of chili, or with tortilla chips!
Mad Mex, Cranberry, Monroeville, North Hills, Oakland, Robinson, Shadyside, South Hills. madmex.com.