Pumpkin, nutmeg, and walnuts, oh my! This autumnal combination is divine. See which restaurants created three beautiful recipes to last all season long.
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, grated
- 1/2 cup whole nutmegs, grated
- Slice pumpkin into one-inch-thick rounds. Remove rind.
- Scoop out the pulp and seeds. Cut each slice in half, making a half-moon shape.
- Lay the slices in a skillet, and sprinkle a thin layer of sugar on top.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until pumpkin starts to get soft. Remove from heat, and refrigerate until serving time.
- Right before serving, sprinkle grated walnuts and nutmegs on top.
By Oznur Edem, co-owner of Daphne Café.
Photograph by Michael Fornataro / Styling by Samantha Casale