Try a trio of melon recipes! Juicy combinations of cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon are wonderful warm-weather dishes.
- 1⁄3 cup cantaloupe, balled
- 1⁄3 cup watermelon, balled
- 1⁄3 cup honeydew, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 2 kiwi, sliced
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1⁄8 cup raisins
- 1 prepared pound cake
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
- 4-6 tablespoons honey, to taste
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- To prepare the pound cake croutons, cube the pound cake and toss with melted butter. Spread the cubes onto a cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for 9-12 minutes at 325oF, stirring occasionally. Cool and store in an airtight container.
- To prepare the honey mint dressing, whisk the yogurt, honey, and chopped mint together. Set aside.
- Peel and slice kiwi. Cube cantaloupe, watermelon, and honeydew. Slice strawberries.
- Toss the cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raisins, and croutons together. Top with the dressing, and garnish with mint leaves.
Recipe by Cheryl Tacka + Dave Sgro, Chefs at Slate Bistro.
Photography by Cayla Zahoran | Styling by Allie Wist