- 1 cup whole garlic cloves
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into one-inch florets
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
• Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place garlic cloves and olive oil in a small pot over medium heat. Boil until cloves are browned and the skin is slightly wrinkled.
• Remove the cloves from the oil, and set both aside separately. (Chef’s note: Do not leave the cloves in the oil, or they will continue to cook — even if the stove is off!)
• Boil cauliflower in a large pot with a 2:1 ratio of water:cauliflower and 1 tablespoon salt. Once you can push a fingernail into the core with slight resistance, drain and set cauliflower aside.
• Place cooled cauliflower on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Liberally drizzle garlic-infused oil from earlier on top. Season with cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper, to taste.
• Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges start to darken.
• Once desired darkness is reached, remove the tray from the oven. Top with lemon juice and shredded parmesan. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
• Sprinkle the peeled garlic cloves from earlier and parsley on top, once plated.
Whole Foods, 5880 Centre Ave., East Liberty. 412.441.7960. Wexford Plaza, 10576 Perry Hwy., Wexford. 724.940.6100. wholefoodsmarket.com.