Pumpkin, nutmeg, and walnuts, oh my! This autumnal combination is divine. See which restaurants created three beautiful recipes to last all season long.
- 15 oz pumpkin
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Grease the bottoms of two loaf pans, sized 8-1/2 x 4”. Set aside.
- Mix the pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour, walnuts, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and nutmeg. Pour batter into the pans.
- Bake at 350ºF for 50-60 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let loaves cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pans, and let cool two hours before serving.
Recipe by Sandy Combs, lead baker of Trax Farms.
Photograph by Michael Fornataro / Styling by Samantha Casale