- 8 apricots, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus 1 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pie crust (use your favorite recipe, enough for 4, 8-inch circles)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Balsamic glaze
1. Sauté apricots, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large sauce pan over medium heat until the mixture is thickened and slightly reduced, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
3. Mix ricotta, 2 tablespoons sugar, and vanilla in mixer until well-combined.
4. Roll pie crust out into 4, 8-inch circles. Spread ¼ cup of the cheese mixture in the center of each pie crust, leaving about 2-3 inches around the outside.
5. Strain the apricots from the sugar mixture. Place an even amount of fruit on top of each cheese mixture in a decorative pattern. Spoon some of the sugar mixture on top of each.
6. Gently fold the sides of the dough into the cheese mixtures, slightly overlapping. Egg wash the crusts and lightly sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
7. Place the galettes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
8. Garnish with basil and a balsamic glaze, to taste.
Chateau Café & Cakery, 1501 Preble Ave., 1st Floor, North Shore. 412.802.2537. chateaucc.com.