- • Blend all ingredients, including ice, in a blender for about 10 seconds until smooth in texture. Pour into glass of your choice, approximately 12 oz, and garnish with fresh mint, cucumber slice, and a thick straw.
- • Basil Syrup: Bring 1 cup each white sugar and water to a simmer. Toss in a fistful of fresh basil. Heat on medium-low for 10 minutes. Strain and bottle.
- • Ginger Syrup: In a blender, blend 1 cup each white sugar, hot water, and rough-chopped ginger root until smooth. Strain and bottle.
- • Don's Spices #2: Equal parts vanilla syrup and allspice dram. (Chef’s Note: If unavailable, substitute two dashes Angostura bitters and 1 drop vanilla extract.)
- • Frozen watermelon juice: Blend the flesh of half of a small watermelon until smooth. Strain and pour strained juice into an ice cube tray and freeze. (Chef’s Note: Using frozen watermelon juice will allow you to achieve the desired frozen texture without too much dilution from ice.)
Hidden Harbor, 1708 Shady Ave., Squirrel Hill. 412.422.5040. hiddenharborpgh.com.