- 1. Bring a pot of water to boil, season with salt, and add the collard greens. Blanch for 3 minutes, then transfer to ice water to shock.
- 2. Remove greens from ice water and squeeze to remove excess water. Chop greens into ribbons. Set aside.
- 3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until very al dente.
- 4. In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt. Add chiles, and cook another 2 minutes. Add the chopped greens, and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add wine, and cook until almost dry. Add cooked beans and stock. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 5. Once the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan with the other ingredients, along with 1 cup of reserved pasta water. Toss frequently over high heat until desired consistency is reached.
- 6. Serve pasta with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil on top.
Bar Marco, 2216 Penn Ave., Strip District. 412.471.1900. barmarcopgh.com.