1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Wash the sweet potato, and coat the outside with oil and kosher salt to taste. Bake until fork tender.
2. While it bakes, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Set aside.
3. To make the Bourbon Glaze, stir sugar, cinnamon, and bourbon in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Dip the cooked bacon strips in the glaze, and place the coated pieces on a cooling rack to set.
4. Remove the baked sweet potato from the oven, slice it in half length-wise, and scoop out the middle. Combine it in a food processor with ginger, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste, and mascarpone cheese (Chef’s Note: Use a 5:1 sweet potato: cheese ratio.) Mix well.
5. Pipe the mixture back into the sweet potato skin. Bake at 450ºF for 10-15 minutes or broil until it starts to brown.
6. Grate nutmeg on the finished sweet potato to taste, add the Bourbon-Glazed Bacon on top, and serve.
Kaleidoscope Cafe, 108 43rd St., Lawrenceville. 412.683.4004. kaleidoscopepgh.com.