- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 ½ oz soy sauce
- ½ oz sesame oil
- 1 oz mirin (Can be replaced with 0.5 oz brown sugar)
- 1 oz of fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ oz finely grated ginger
- 4 oz fresh sushi-grade tuna, cubed
- ½ cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz rice (White or brown rice will work, or quinoa can be used, too!)
- Toasted sesame seeds, to taste
1. Remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeño, then dice into small pieces. Remove the peel and pit from the avocado, then slice into cubes. Set both aside.
2. Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin (or brown sugar), lime juice, and ginger in a bowl.
3. Stir in jalapeño, avocado, tuna, and scallion until well-coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
4. To assemble the dish, scoop the rice into a bowl, top with marinated tuna poke mixture, and garnish with sesame seeds.
Jimmy Wan’s Restaurant and Lounge, 1686 Route 228, Cranberry. 724.778.8978. 1337 Old Freeport Road, Fox Chapel. 412.968.0848. jimmywans.com.