- 2 big tomatoes
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 oz mozzarella
- 5 mushrooms
- Parsley, to taste
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, with casings removed
- 2 teaspoons breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 300ºF. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out the pulp, and set aside.
- 2. Finely dice shallots, garlic, mozzarella, mushrooms, and parsley. Set aside.
- 3. Combine ground sausage meat and breadcrumbs. Add this to the mixture, along with the eggs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4. Scoop the mixture into the tomatoes until they are filled to the top.
- 5. Bake the Tomatoes Farcies for 30 minutes, using a toothpick or bamboo skewer to check if it’s done.
Paris 66 Bistro, 6018 Centre Ave., Shadyside. 412.404.8166. paris66bistro.com.