Sample three meals with mushrooms, shallots, and parsley as the starring elements.
- 12 crimini mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 small shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup River View Dairy Baurenhof (raw goat’s milk cheese) or Pecorino Romano, shredded
- 1 bunch radicchio
- Chop mushroom stems, 2 shallots, garlic, and walnuts. Sauté in butter for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Combine sautéed mixture, 1/2 bunch of parsley, breadcrumbs, thyme, and cheese in a food processor. Pulse into a paste.
- Coat the mushroom caps in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then stuff with the paste.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes until caps are browned.
- Combine 1/2 bunch of parsley, 1 shallot, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until a smooth pesto forms.
- Top each cap with the pesto. Serve caps on a bed of radicchio leaves. Shave additional cheese on top to garnish.
Recipe by Dan Brown, Café Supervisor, East End Food Co-op.
Photography by Cayla Zahoran | Styling by Allie Wist