Pumpkin, nutmeg, and walnuts, oh my! This autumnal combination is divine. See which restaurants created three beautiful recipes to last all season long.
- Remove the top of the pumpkin, and set aside. Clean out the inside of the pumpkin.
- Rub honey, 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, and nutmeg into the pumpkin’s cavity. Fill with chicken or vegetable stock, and replace the top.
- Wrap the pumpkin in foil, and roast at 350ºF for about two hours. A skewer should pierce through the foil and pumpkin with little resistance.
- Remove the foil. Pour the liquid into a container, and reserve for later. Allow the pumpkin to rest.
- Season the bread cubes with 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, caraway, and thyme. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast bread at 400ºF until golden brown.
- In a bowl, toss bread, cranberries, walnuts, and 1-1/3 cups of reserved liquid until all of the liquid is absorbed into the bread.
- Lightly pack the pumpkin with the stuffing. Tent the top with foil and wrap tightly. Bake at 350ºF for one hour.
- To serve, cut the pumpkin into desired portions or scoop out the stuffing inside.
Recipe by Anthony Falcon of Gaucho Parrilla Argentina.