From pickled to stewed, peppers are a late summer staple. Tag these three saucy recipes, packed with flavor and color, for future dinners.
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté green bell peppers, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, jalapeño, banana pepper, and onion until slightly softened.
- Add in garlic, and cook for another minute.
- Add in tomatoes and tomato juice. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in butter, and reduce heat. Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes or until thick.
- Serve over slices of warm, crunchy Italian bread. Top with basil.
Recipe by David Ariondo, chef and co-owner, San Lorenzo.
Photograph by Michael Fornataro / Styling by Samantha Casale