- 6 oz fromage blanc
- 3 oz finely shredded aged cheddar
- 3 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1 cup smoked almonds, finely chopped
1. Combine the cheeses, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a food processor or stand mixer bowl. Purée or beat with a mixer on low for about three minutes or until mixture is smooth.
2. Fold in the green onions, place mixture in a large bowl, and shape into a ball with a large mixing spoon. Chill for at least one hour.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat for about six minutes until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
4. Dice or crumble, and set aside.
5. Gently remove cheese ball from bowl and spread bacon bits (or almonds) on wax paper or cutting board. Roll the cheese ball until evenly coated.
6. Serve at room temperature with assorted crackers.
Wheel & Wedge Cheese Shop, Pittsburgh Public Market, 2401 Penn Ave., Strip District. 412.281.4505. pittsburghpublicmarket.org.