Tired of holiday carb-loading? This season, trade in tradition for lighter, brighter, and more daring side dishes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (quartered if larger)
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1½ tablespoons shallot, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- To taste freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick spray, and bring to medium or medium-high heat. Sauté Brussels sprouts in pan until crisp and tender, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk walnut oil, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the vinaigrette. Toss to coat. Top with walnuts and serve.
Market District — Village Square, 7000 Oxford Drive, Bethel Park. 412.831.1480.