Bocktown prides itself on the use of local vendors for their fresh, unique ingredients. Partners include East End Brewing, Cherry Valley Organics, Ricci’s Sausage, Signature Desserts, Penn Brewery, Pr...
- For Pumpkin Bisque, heat olive olive in a large soup pot over medium heat, and add celery, red onion, and bay leaf. Season vegetables with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add butter. When melted, add flour slowly to make a roux. Cook mixture for 1 minute until it is a paste.
- Add milk, vegetable stock, thyme, nutmeg, sage, poultry seasoning, and hot sauce. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in heavy cream slowly and add pumpkin purée. Simmer soup for 10-15 minutes or until soup thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For Apple Chutney, mix apples, cranberries, and red onion in a small bowl. Add in honey, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and fresh lemon juice. Toss together. Garnish may be prepared ahead, but drain juices before serving.
About this recipe
Recipe by Chef Michael Tollis, Bocktown Beer and Grill.