Beets, goat cheese, and balsamic vinegar create a beautiful combo. Try these three recipes at home.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet soy sauce
- 5 baby beets
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup arugula
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 12 burger patties, cooked to taste
- 12 burger buns
- For the balsamic glaze, cook balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it boils, reduce heat to a simmer. Stir occasionally until reduced by at least half. Once cool, stir in sweet soy sauce.
- For beet and goat cheese mousse, peel and rough-chop beets. Cook the beets in water slowly over medium heat. Reduce to about 1 cup of liquid, and strain to keep the liquid. Let cool.
- Use the whisk attachment in a blender to combine goat cheese, cooled beet liquid, and heavy cream. Whip 2-4 minutes until it reaches a mousse-like consistency.
- Lightly dress arugula with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Brush the cooked burger patty with balsamic glaze. Top burger with the dressed arugula and mousse.
Recipe by Jeff Iovino, Executive Chef, Cafe io.
Photography by Cayla Zahoran | Styling by Allie Wist